Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I have the tickets.

Everything is starting to move very quickly because I have my plane tickets. Today I am planning on sending my acceptance packet back to CISabroad, along with some scholarship application mumbo jumbo in the hope that I will get paid for my blogging. But seriously though, all of these deadlines are coming up for studay abroad and for school and it's quite a lot to keep track of. I have a pre-departure meeting with Western on Saturday, but since I am not going with them I honestly have no idea what they will tell me. But I swear if they give me anything else to do I will have a panic attack. I still have to get them my passport copy, passport photo copies, and... other things, I think? I will have to check the list.

But seriously though, I bought the plane tickets. I am officially going at this point. It actually took me forever to find a flight that wasn't sold out, I upped the price I was planning on paying quite a bit to eventually find a seat on all six flights I will be on to get to Cusco and back again. I need to start making a packing list! I feel so freaking behind on all of this stuff, school needs to end asap. I just have to get through next week and then I am seriously home free.

I still have a lot of questions that I need answered by CIS, such as: What kind of plugs do they use in Peru? Should I bring my laptop? Is my room at the hostel a single or a group room? How many meals will you be providing, and will you be handing me money or handing me actual food? How many hours a day will I be in class? How many other people are you sending from the US to Cusco? Can I brush my teeth with the water? Do we get to ride llamas on the Inca trail? What are the pharmacies like in Cusco? Should I bring sunscreen, hand lotion, etc, or can I just purchase it there? When will I know if I have to purchase anything for my classes? How do I pay for things? How will I know what the person who is picking me up looks like? How will I call my family? How do I find the American Embassy? Can I download skype onto the computers in the hostel? Can I bring a baby llama home with me? You know, basic questions that everyone probably things of. I obviously need to send them an email.

1 comment:

  1. hahah llamas! Oh I love you. I can only imagine of frantic you must feel. You will do great though!!!

    ReplyDelete